What is Microsoft Dynamics CRM ?
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a customer relationship management system developed by Microsoft which allows organizations to focus on customer relationship. This Products mainly focus on below sectors.
- Marketing – Manages marketing related activity for an organisation
- Sales – Manages Sales related activity for an organisation
- Services – Manages all services activities for an organisation
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a XRM platform So All Microsoft partners can customize the system as per their requirements and use it as proprietary
Microsoft Dynamics CRM exists in market in two formats
- Cloud Based Online CRM.
- Online CRM
- Backend Processes like Server App Server , Database Server , Deployments Managed by Microsoft
- Quickly Implementation
- Limited Plan 5 GB , 10 GB etc.
- Auto Update
- On Premise Offline CRM.
- Deployed on Target Customer Servers
- Backend Processes like Server App Server , Database Server , Deployments Managed by Customer
- Time Taken Implementation
- Better Customization capabilities
- Unlimited Space
- Separately Update by System Administrator
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Features
- Create as many users as you want
- Define roles to users
- Define rights to users/Roles/Team
- Manages All Marketing related activities
- Manages All Sales activities
- Manages all services related activities
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Terminology
- Sales Module Terminology – Covers complete sales life cycle.
- Leads – Represents individual or organization which can lead to potential customer
- Opportunity – When lead shows an interest -> convert to opportunity. Opportunity having 2 status Won or Lost
- Accounts- Represents an organisation which has relations. Won Opportunities converted into accounts or contacts
- Contacts – Represent an individual which has relations with organization. Maximum contacts are customer of organization
- Competitors – Stores All the competitor of organisations
- Products – Stores all products information for organisations
- Quote – Quotation of products/services to customers
- Order – If Quotation sent to customer is accepted results to an order
- Invoices- When billing is generated against order results to an invoice
- Marketing Module Terminology
- Marketing List – Provides mechanism to interact with contacts, Accounts, Leads by sending promotional emails , age group marketing , newsletter , SMS , Promotional content , special content
- Campaign – Campaign are advertisements for getting business
- Quick Campaign – Campaign which is done for particular purpose
- Service Module Terminology
- Cases – Track complete process of a ticket system
- Knowledge Base – master repository of all common Frequently asked questions
- Contracts – Works with cases indicating all active contracts
- Resources/Resources Group – Resources are used to resolve all customer cases. Can be Team, Tools , People etc. which are used to resolve customer issues.
- Services – All organisation services offered to clients
- Services Calendar -maintains all services schedules/timing for organisation employee
- Activity Module
- Phone Call
- Recurring Appointment
- Campaign Response
- Campaign Activity
- Service Activity
- Custom Activity
What is Entities in CRM ?
Entities represents a record having complete information of business data. Entities are equivalent to database table. It is of two types
- Out of box Entities – Comes by default With CRM
- Custom Entities – Created by user with customization
Let us take an example , Suppose you have to maintains all records of your files which your customer has gone through. So Microsoft Dynamics CRM gives Contacts ( out of the box) Feature to stores all the information of customer but there is no out of box feature to maintain Files information So for this you will create a new entity named files.
You can create new entity using customization module given in Microsoft dynamics 365 Application.
Steps to create entity is as below
Step 1 − Click the top ribbon button followed by Settings option. Click Customizations option from the Customization section.
Step 2 − Now click Customize the System option.
Step 3 − Expand the Entities option from the left panel.
Step 4 − Now click New → Entity.
Step 5 − In the Entity Form, enter the Display Name as FileInfo and PluralName as FilesInfo.
Select Area where we want to show this Entity in Sales, Service, and Marketing tabs of CRM.
Step 6 − Click on the Save and Close icon. This will create a new entity in CRM database.
About Microsoft Dynamics 365 Admin Center
Microsoft Dynamics 365 admin center provides below some admin level configurations setting
Instances – It shows all the instances like production instance , sandbox instance etc. We can purchase as many instance as we want.
Updates – Here we can see if any update is there for Microsoft Dyanmics 365.
Service Health – This module is used to check the health of system.
Backup & Restore – Microsoft Dynamics 365 backup exists there and we can restore it at any time
Billing Module – All Billing part is covered under this module. It contains licenses information, Licenses Bill & Payments , Bill Accounts , Payment Methods, All billing notifications
Users : This module is used to create multiple users who can access now our system with given username and password . We can assign any product license.
Active Users : Users who is allowed to login into Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Support : We can raise tickets with Microsoft for any type of queries
Services & Add in : Here is all Services and add in mentioned are there
Security & Privacy – Here admin can set for users auto notifications for password. Also admin can set for password validity
Organisation Information – Here Admin can see the his/her organisation information
Partners Relationship – This contains the partner information who is actually provide us the service
Products – Here is the list of all products which we have taken subscription from Microsoft
Domains – Here we can see the list of all domain which we have shared with Microsoft during the creation of account. We can add as many domains we want .
* The Content stated above is for informational purpose only. Expert Software Team is not responsible if any part of content found meaningless in any manner or condition.