What is Selenium Web Driver ?
Selenium WebDriver is a web automation framework that allows you to execute your tests against different browsers, not just Firefox, Chrome (unlike Selenium IDE).
WebDriver allows engineers to use a programming language in creating your test scripts which is not possible in Selenium IDE.
Engineers can now use iterations logics and conditional operations.
This platform supports multiple languages Java, C#, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby
- Simple installation compared to RC.
- Communicates directly to Browser Unlike RC.
- Browser Interaction is more realastics.
- Fast Execution time than IDE and RC.
- Installation is complicated than IDE.
- Need Knowledge of Programming.
- Can not support new browsers.
- Has to code for test results and logs.
- Selenium WebDriver is a tool for testing web applications across different browsers using different programming languages.
- WebDriver allows engineers to use a programming language in designing your tests thus give power to script.
- WebDriver is faster than Selenium RC because of its simpler architecture.
- WebDriver directly talks to the browser.
- WebDriver’s API is more concise.
- WebDriver can support HtmlUnit.
- Web Driver cannot readily support new browsers.
- Web Driver does not have a built-in command for automatic generation of test results.
* The Content stated above is for informational purpose only. Expert Software Team is not responsible if any part of content found meaningless in any manner or condition.